Saturday 3 September 2011

Brand Logo (Brighton Lonboards)






Brighton Longboards


The logo design I have created, is purely a typographic exercise. The logo has been created on the basis that it can work for the brand logo, and the brand stamp. Through my market research I recognized that most skateboarding, surfing, Longboarding, brands of this culture, they en corporate the brand font with a brand symbol. You can see how well this logo works within context throughout this presentation. I have created a symbol that compliments the chosen font, where you can see the break in the ‘B’ and the ‘L’. The logo is very adaptable and can be used within all types of media and can look great in a wide range of colours. Everyone has their own opinion as to what colour should suit best, either to compliment its surroundings, or a colour that suits the culture of the brand.

It was a shame that this design was not used having won the competition, however it was a fun creative exercise and I enjoyed working on it.

The name was changed to 'Brighton Skateboards' which I then created some designs in my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment